Monday, March 25, 2013

Sadie's room

Now keep in mind, there are a few little things that needed to be done, but overall, I feel that her room is together enough to share.  (I've spent a little too much time on ProjectNursery, so you're getting the run down on everything...)
Her colors are pink and grey.  I actually got the pink paint off the "oops" shelf in Lowe's while I was waiting for my samples to be mixed.  You know when they mix a paint and it isn't exactly what they wanted so it goes into the oops pile.  Well it is exactly what I wanted and I only had to pay $5 for a gallon.  Let's call it Sadie Pink.  I used Sherwin Williams Argos for the grey on the walls.
Cody refinished the wood floors in her room and we hung the Ikea Kristaller for a light fixture.   I had originally thought that I would repaint it as I had seen on pinterest, but liked it the way it was once we hung it.
After more thought than should have gone into it, we ended up getting a La-Z-Boy recliner instead of a glider.  We got the Coleman and had it made in Steel.  The crib is the Kendall crib from Pottery Barn Kids.  The Sadie letters on the wall are from Hobby Lobby.  The sherpa owl mobile is from PBkids.  My mom made the bedding and curtains..amazing right?!  We bought the fabric from Carousel Designs (which is so quick at sending their fabric!):  Bumper is Pink Geometric with pink dimpled minky and grey dimpled minky on the inside, the sheet is gray damask (there are several different sheets that she made in grey), the crib skirt is Pink Zig zag.  The curtains are white and gray striped.  The rug is from Lowe's
The ottoman is a DIY project that I will post about soon (with fabric also from Carousel Designs: white and gray zig zag)
This wall has her dresser that I just refinished,  the lamp is the one I recovered last year, the repurposed window from my aunt's house just with new paper to match,  a sweet Precious moments mama and a frame (both of which were a gift).
This last wall is her library.  I found this picture on Pinterest and followed their suggestions.    We bought 3 RIBBA picture ledges from Ikea.  The top shelf has the "S is for Sadie" print from Onto Baby, The one in the middle is guesses of Sadie's due date from a shower and the right one is the "You are my sunshine" print from Kari Machal.  Two of the frames are from Ikea.  The bottom two shelves have books.  On the ground there are two crates from Joanns that I painted with the "Sadie pink."  The one on the left has toys and the one on the right has books.

This is my happy place! I cannot wait until I have that sweet little girl in my arms when I am in her room.  Until then, I will just enjoy the room and feeling her kick : )




No comments: