Thursday, March 14, 2013

Counting Carbohydrates

I am an insulin dependent diabetic (which I'm sure you're saying..of course we know that if you've been a reader of my blog for any period of time).  I can eat whatever I want (probably shouldn't but do..), I just have to count my carbohydrates and give insulin accordingly.  I do not have to count sugars, calories or anything else of the sort.  As a pregnant diabetic, I have cracked down on knowing the exact amount of carbohydrates (which I should have been doing the entire time...) and have discovered that most restaurant's websites have it on there.  My favorites allow you to add in everything you are eating to make a full meal of all nutrition facts (aka, I don't have to add on my own).  Be prepared to be shocked if you do this though..some of the food you eat has an insane amount of carbohydrates..

Chick-fil-a has the meal calculator

Panera has the nutrition calculator 

McAlister's has the nutrition calculator

I am sure there are many other restaurants that have these as well, but these are the ones I have come across.

A lot of recipe websites such as AllRecipes have the nutrition facts on the bottom of the recipe page or have another location to calculate them.

No comments: