The first is the Vegan Oat bars from this post.
The next thing I made was these Sausage Egg Casserole Muffins.
Sausage Egg Casserole Muffins
from Spark Recipes
1 pound Breakfast Sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 large eggs
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
*I added onions and jalapenos diced
1. With a little Evoo, cook half of the onion and the jalapeno.
2. Add in sausage and brown.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together and then pour into a greased 12-spot muffin pan.
4. Cook in a preheated oven (375) for 30 minutes.
To package these once they cooled, I wrapped them in waxed paper or deli sheets and then in a gallon size ziploc before placing them in the freezer.
*Total carbohydrates 0g.
I also made these Breakfast Sandwiches
from The Yummy Life
- 100% whole wheat English muffins
- whole eggs
- sliced cheese (I used slices of sharp cheddar until I ran out and then switched to Mozarella)
- Canadian bacon slices or Turkey bacon
1. Spray 12 ramekins or jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray and add one egg to each (use a fork to slightly break apart the yolk). If using ramekins, place on a baking sheet. Put the eggs in a preheated oven (350) for 25-30 minutes.
*In order to reheat, place the sandwich in the microwave at medium power for 3 minutes.
The last breakfast that I made was Oatmeal packets. They were so much cheaper to make and easy too.
Instant Oatmeal Packs
by A Season for All Things
1/3 cup quick oats
1 tsp milk powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
*Combine all ingredients in a snack size bag.
*To make for breakfast, add the packet to 2/3 cup boiling water. Let sit for one minute and enjoy.
I love having a freezer full of food! : )
*Total carbohydrates 20-22g.