Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just call me McDonalds

Those of you who know me, know that I am not typically a person who gets places early : )  Now I have the best intentions, but I might get distracted, try to fit in too many things or I may just not get up early enough.  This "running late" tends to translate into weekdays too.  I would love to get up each morning and make breakfast for us to enjoy, but its just not going to happen.   So, I found some freeze ahead breakfasts and have about 48 breakfasts ready for Cody and I to eat.
The first is the Vegan Oat bars from this post.

The next thing I made was these Sausage Egg Casserole Muffins.
 
Sausage Egg Casserole Muffins
from Spark Recipes
Ingredients
1 pound Breakfast Sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 large eggs
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
*I added onions and jalapenos diced

Directions
1.  With a little Evoo, cook half of the onion and the jalapeno.
2. Add in sausage and brown.
3.  Mix all of the ingredients together and then pour into a greased 12-spot muffin pan.
4. Cook in a preheated oven (375) for 30 minutes.

To package these once they cooled, I wrapped them in waxed paper or deli sheets and then in a gallon size ziploc before placing them in the freezer.
*Total carbohydrates 0g.


I also made these Breakfast Sandwiches



Breakfast Sandwiches
from The Yummy Life
Ingredients
  • 100% whole wheat English muffins
  •  whole eggs
  • sliced cheese (I used slices of sharp cheddar until I ran out and then switched to Mozarella)
  • Canadian bacon slices or Turkey bacon
Directions
1. Spray 12 ramekins or jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray and add one egg to each (use a fork to slightly break apart the yolk).  If using ramekins, place on a baking sheet.  Put the eggs in a preheated oven (350) for 25-30 minutes.
2. While the eggs are baking, toast the english muffins and then layer the cheese (fold in the pointed corners) and meat.
3.  Once the eggs have cooked, use a spatula/knife to gently lift them out and place them on top of the meat and then place the top of the muffin back on.
4. Wrap each sandwich in wax paper or deli sheets and then in a ziploc and place in the freezer.
*In order to reheat, place the sandwich in the microwave at medium power for 3 minutes.

*Total Carbohydrates 30g.

The last breakfast that I made was Oatmeal packets.  They were so much cheaper to make and easy too.
 
Instant Oatmeal Packs
by A Season for All Things
Ingredients:
1/3 cup quick oats
1 tsp milk powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon


*Combine all ingredients in a snack size bag.
*To make for breakfast, add the packet to 2/3 cup boiling water.  Let sit for one minute and enjoy. 

I love having a freezer full of food! : )


*Total carbohydrates 20-22g.

No comments: