Thursday, March 7, 2013

30 weeks

Some weeks as a pregnant diabetic are harder than others and this just happens to be one.  I knew that there would be a point where I needed a lot more insulin than previously and my well regulated blood sugars would go crazy.  Unfortunately for me, that was this week.  I had a day when I could not get my blood sugars down, which was very stressful.  Fortunately, after a small breakdown, I was able to get ahold of my doctors and make some changes that brought my blood sugars back to normal.
How far along:  30 weeks
How big is baby: cucumber, 3 lbs 8oz and 15 inches!
Maternity clothes:  A mixture..almost always for pants though
Sleep:  Not a lot.  I am exhausted.   I wake up a few times a night one of the times is consistently 4:30.  Hooray for Spring Break next week! I am planning on getting some rest.
Food cravings: Sweets still and Freebird's Nachos after seeing Emily's post yesterday
Food aversions:  None really
Symptoms: Back pain, heartburn and high blood sugars.  Bath time is my favorite because its the time in the day my back does not hurt at all.
Movement: Little girl is moving quite a bit.   I found out that she is head down, so I am assuming most of the movement that I see is her hiney and her feet : )
Gender:  Girl
What I’m looking forward to: Finally having time to put the pieces together for her nursery (I have a vision of where I want everything)! Pics to come soon : )
What I miss:  nothing
Best part of the week:  Seeing her sweet little face!!  Celebrating her with two showers (the one in Longview and one at school for all the new mommas today).  

 

No comments: