My Aunt Nancy lives in a beautiful colonial home. Last year they began replacing windows and as they have replaced them, they have so graciously shared them with the fam. My parents turned theirs into a picture frame in their living room. If you know you my house, you know that I do not need any more picture frames, so I've struggled with what to turn it into. After much time on blogs and pinterest I finally decided how to use the window.
Three of the panes I wanted to be magnetic, so I went to Home Depot and got 3 stainless steel sheets. I carefully cut them (my goodness that was hard to cut without cutting my thumb!) to fit the panes and attached them with Gorilla Glue. After that had dried, I used Elmer's glue to attach brown damask paper that I had cut to fit. (It was not quite long enough, so I had to use brown paper to cover where the two pieces met).
On the other three panes, I attached sage green paper with masking tape behind the window pane so that I could use those panes as dry erase boards.
Cody attached a z-clip to the back of the window and the wall.
As I got ready to take a picture of it to share with y'all, I realized that our desk was a mess, so after cleaning it up I decided that I needed a book end.
In our garage I found two pieces of wood to nail together. I used a can of spray paint to make it white and then hot glued an "s" onto it (that I had already painted green to go on this wreath, but it just didn't look right on the wreath).
While the book end was drying, I found a mason jar in our kitchen that I covered with some of the leftover paper from the window, so that I can use it for pens, highlighters and pencils. Basically, I got the desk ready for grad school...