Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I have never made Chicken Spaghetti. I know that this is such a staple food so I think that it is weird that I have never made it. Whilst searching for recipes the other day on Pioneer Woman, I came across this Chicken Spaghetti recipe. It was very simple and had a very traditional chicken spaghetti taste..it was a hit at our house! We had guests and our house this night that were unaware of my obsession with photographing and posting my recipes on the blog, so I refrained. No picture for you today. I did however serve this with a salad made up of spinach, strawberries, blueberries, feta and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. For dessert we had the thin mints and ice cream sandwiches.

Chicken Spaghetti
from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Cooked Chicken
  • 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
  • 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
  • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
  • 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
  • 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Directions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

*Next time I will freeze half of it prior to cooking and only cook half of it.

No comments: