Banana Cake Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup white sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Peanut Butter Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp milk, 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted), and 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar.
- Mix mashed bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla into butter/sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until barely combined.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups, filling the cups about half way.
- Pour the remaining batter into 6 large donut cavities, filling 3/4ths of the way up.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the muffins and/or donuts.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. (The donuts will bake up faster than the muffins!)
- Let the donuts and muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the peanut butter glaze over the warm donuts and/or muffins.