Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I haven't done one of these in a while, so why not : )
I'm in the middle of summer school (which I know I know, its only a few weeks), but none-the-less I am in the middle of summer school. I feel like I should be able to pat myself on the back for teaching a few extra weeks. : ) I am also attending Bootcamp which is kicking my booty, but I think that's a good thing. I'm working on some online staff developments, so needless to say, my time is really filled up which made this weekend even more necessary!
On Friday morning, I took the plunge and tried the green monster smoothie. Mine had a banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries, greek yogurt, a little milk, a few handfuls of spinach and once all of that was blended, I added a little ice. I know it sounds disgusting, but you honestly couldn't taste the spinach and couldn't we all use a few more veggies in our lives?

Cody and I ventured to Longview on Friday afternoon. My mom and I got to help throw one of my very best friends, Traci, a baby shower! Traci is due with baby Jaxson (LOVE the spelling) in September. Mom and I brought casseroles to the shower..and let's just be completely honest, we got in super late on Friday night, so mom put mine together. I LOVE that you still take care of your scatter-brained 26 year-old : ) Thank you!
Hers was a traditional egg casserole and "mine" was baked french toast. I will post the recipes soon, they were super yum!
Cody and I got in late Friday night and go to visit with my parents for just a bit for bed.
Saturday I got up early for a much needed morning run before we got ready and headed off for the shower.
The shower was beautiful and my sweet friend seems more than equipped now for her baby boy. Look how great she looks! I hope to look like that, when I'm pregnant!

Def. took a picture of the hostesses wreaths on the door...this is my new crafting project. My door needs a little something to make it summery.

Afterwards, Traci, Danielle and I headed to Newk's for lunch and to catch-up.
Ellie, Cody and I swam that afternoon. Ellie was in heaven!
Then we went with my parents that night to T. Blanco's. Cody and I had never eaten there before, but I was super impressed. I had quail and grilled veggies! Yum-o!
Sunday we went to church with my parents, ate lunch to celebrate father's day and watched Ms. Ellie jump off the diving board before heading back to Houston.

Oh and if you haven't figured it out already, I will be working towards my masters in Public School administration in the fall from Texas A&M University (can I get a whoop?). For all of those concerned, I am still a Baylor Bear (Sic 'em), A&M just offered a really great program and it is a good school (I mean I did marry an Aggie).

Probably all you needed to know and more. Have a great day! Stay hydrated : )

No comments: