Sunday, June 12, 2011

Homemade Poptarts

I've seen these popping up (haha..) on quite a few blogs and recipe websites so I thought I would give homemade poptarts a try. I did manage to somehow miss how everyone mentioned getting seamless crescent roll dough, so my poptarts look more like pastries than poptarts, but its okay!

Homemade Poptarts


Ingredients
*SEAMLESS crescent roll dough
*jelly
*egg
*water
*sugar

Directions
*Preheat oven to 375
*Roll out your dough on parchment paper. If you have seamless dough, cut into 8 rectangles. If you are not a direction follower (hmm..), then lay out your triangles.
*On one side (ie: four of the rectangles or 4 of the triangles..I feel like I'm teaching a math lesson..) place 1-2 tbs of jelly
*Place the empty side on top matching up the edges
*Use a fork to seal the edges
*Mix together the egg and a little bit of water and brush the top of each poptart followed by a sprinkling of sugar
*Bake 15ish minutes (it took about 17 minutes)
Mr. Sage enjoyed his "poptart" and I am so thankful that at least some of the orange juice survived my mixing that day...the rest ended up on our floor (ewww).

No comments: