Sunday, August 25, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

I was looking for easy and yummy meals so that I could keep up with my cooking as the school year began.  I tried this one out the other day.  It was delicious and made A LOT!

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini
from Little Fellows

Ingredients:
1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini (I couldn't find frozen, so I used boxed cheese tortellini)
1 small bag of fresh spinach (I used about half of a 5 oz package, but more is better!)
2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese or neufchatel (less fat)
1 lb. of ground sausage or chicken/turkey sausage browned
4 cups of chicken broth 

Brown the sausage and put all ingredients in crockpot,
chunking up the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.

Serves 4-6 

No comments: