Before sharing this yummy recipe, I thought I'd give my picture directions to deveining shrimp (as I had to have my husband show me how to do it).
Start by pulling the tail off and peeling the shell off
Make a small slit in the top of the shrimp, opposite the side of where the tail was.
Find the vein and proceed to pull it out of the shrimp. Super easy! Now your shrimp are ready for the recipe! (Our shrimp were fresh gulf shrimp and not from the grocery store)
from the Little Kitchen that Could
6 corn tortillas
1 1/2- 2 cups uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 an avocado, sliced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 cup store bought tomatillo sauce (mexican green sauce)
1. In a medium sized bowl, toss shrimp with salt, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat shrimp. Squeeze 3/4 of a lime over shrimp.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
3. Add shrimp and cook for 5-10 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Toss a few times to let shrimp cook evenly. Squeeze the last 1/4 of the lime onto the shrimp.
4. While shrimp are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Place corn tortillas on dry pan one at a time until lightly browned. Turn and brown the other side. Keep warm in foil until all tortillas have been heated.
5. Add 3-4 shrimp to each corn tortilla. Top with 1-2 teaspoons of tomatillo sauce followed by avocado slices and cilantro. Serve Immediately.