Friday, May 13, 2011

Overnight Oats

I debated adding a picture for this post, but have decided that the picture would do nothing to sway you to make this meal, so no picture. As I was blog stalking this weekend, I came across an interesting breakfast recipe from Peanut Butter Runner. I'm always looking for something new to try and this one seemed healthy and quick which is a double plus.

Ingredients:
1/3 Cup Instant Oats
1 tbs chia seeds or ground flax
1/3 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (I actually used strawberry)
1/3 cup milk
1 tbs pear or apple butter if using plain yogurt
Dried Cranberries
Bluberries/Blackberries
*I added a smidge of honey for sweetness

Mix all ingredients, cover and store in the fridge overnight.

Add toppings such as
almond butter
fresh fruit
Jam

Obviously this is just a general guideline and your combination could be anything you want. Generally you just want to stick with the even amounts of oats, milk and yogurt. I honestly did not add any toppings as I added honey to my original mixture.

No comments: