Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ode to the 4-Runner

During my junior year of high school I was taking a left at a light (I had a green light) and another driver was driving at 50 mph and playing with her radio at the same time. Her light was red but when she looked up and noticed it, she was already in the intersection...and in my car. She hit me broadside and totaled my sweet '97 Black Mitsubishi Eclipse. I had a few bumps, bruises and minor swelling, but overall was very lucky to come out as I did.
My parents had planned on getting me a new car for graduation the following year, but since I was vehicle-less they decided I could get my graduation present early. I got a 2002 Toyota 4-Runner. It was millenium silver and I was in love!
I drove my 4-Runner for 10 years! Let me put this into perspective:
*I had the car for a year before Cody and I started dating
*The 4-runner took me to PTHS everyday of my senior year
*The 4-runner moved me on to college and was with me everyday of BU
*The 4-runner moved me on to Houston and was with me everyday for the first 4 1/2 years of teaching.
All in all it was a wonderful car, but it was time to move on, so....

I got a new car! Say hello to my Ford Edge!

1 comment:

Erwin Calverley said...

Where is your 4-runner now? Did you trade it off for this Ford Edge? It must have been quite hard for you to let it go because it served you very well. Anyway, I hope this new car would serve you more than your 4-runner did. Drive safely always!

>Erwin Calverley