Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hot Chocolate

This weekend Lauren, Carolina and I headed up to Dallas to see Beth and Kelly.
We arrived Friday night to a very pinteresty scene of energy bites and fruit. Yum!
Saturday morning we got up super early and stepped outside to be shocked by the lower than freezing temps. OMG it was SO cold!! We drove over to the fairgrounds (aka Cotton Bowl) for the Hot chocolate 5k/15k.

Kelly and Beth ran the 5k

and Lauren, Carolina and I ran the 15k I have never run that many miles that bundled up before!

It was a beautiful run with a few less than beautiful hills, but the best part was after the finish.
1. because we got to go inside and warm up

2. because we were given fruit, melted Ghiradelli chocolate, Ghiradelli hot chocolate and Ghiradelli squares. YUM!

3. because we got to dance to the band! They were so fun!

Afterwards, we headed for brunch (oh yes we did eat more..) at La Duni

I had the most amazing caramel cappuccino and breakfast tacos

We went out for a little shopping later in the afternoon and met up with Traci. We found a lot of great deals...

And the Starbucks love cups!

That night we headed to The Porch for a very fun dinner!


Today we headed to the Katy Trail for a morning walk

and then onto Crooked Tree CoffeeHouse for a latte and an amazing blueberry scone before heading back to Houston (I promise we did more than just eat all weekend...)

We had such a great weekend! I love getting to see my college friends and love that my friends now get along so well with them!

Happy Valentine's week to you all!

No comments: