Tilapia Stuffed with Spinach and Feta
|tilapia - fillets||4|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|spinach||6 cups||washed well and stems removed|
|feta cheese||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
- Salt and pepper the tilapia fillets and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and spinach. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the feta cheese and mix well.
- Place the tip of the tilapia fillet in front of you. Spoon a tablespoon of the spinach feta cheese filling on the tip. Roll away from you and secure with toothpicks. Repeat.
- Place the rolled tilapia fillets seam down in a baking dish. In the middle of the dish place the unsalted butter.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the toothpicks, drizzle with the melted butter, and serve.