Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Galveston Round 2

My family always meets up for at least a long weekend each summer. We found a great "resort" in Galveston last summer called Pointe West (it's far enough outside of Galveston to avoid the crowds), so we returned to it this year.
On Friday my mom, dad, Erin and I headed down to Kemah. We had bought a groupon back in the spring for a spa day at Kemah Bella Spa for massages, facials, manis and pedis. It was amazing! The spa is in this little old house just a few blocks from from the Kemah Boardwalk. I had not had a massage in forever and a facial ever, so it was a wonderfully, relaxing experience.
our pretty toes, freshly pedicured
Kemah Bella Spa

Then we met dad, EG, Brad, Jen and Alex at this Greek place right across the street called Bakkhus. I'm on a big Greek food kick. They had wonderful flavored, homemade hummus and I had a grilled chicken pita. A great find!

After lunch we headed to Galveston for a little beach time before it got too dark. Cody joined us that night.
The next day we spent relaxing at the beach and pool




before heading to the Moody Gardens Aquarium (where they had all sorts of beautiful sea creates and even had penguins, but they were asleep for the night..).

For dinner we went to Fisherman's Wharf which was casual, but had great seafood.
Sunday we spent more beach/pool time before Cody and I had to head back to Houston for the work week.
Cody and EG racing to the beach

Brad and EG flying kites
Of course I had to get her a princess kite


No comments: