Linguine with Spinach, Beef, & Smoked Almonds in a Lemon Tomato Sauce
- olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin steaks, cut into cubes (about 2 cups cubed)
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine pasta
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds (toasted almonds work too), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped olives (green & kalamata)
- 4 oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions and sauté until soft.
- Season beef with about a tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add beef cubes and minced garlic to pan.
- Sauté until beef is slightly browned and garlic is soft.
- In a medium bowl, mix together diced tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, lemon zest, herbes de Provence, cannelloni beans, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce mixture over beef in pan and stir around, scraping the bottom of the pan as you stir.
- Bring sauce to a boil, cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, add pasta to boiling water and cook 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Remove sauce from heat and add to pasta.
- Return pan to stove and heat about 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add spinach to pan (one handful at a time) and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle cooked spinach, chopped almonds, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese over pasta and toss.
- Serve hot with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Garlic Bread Biscuits
- small Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layer refrigerated biscuit dough (5 biscuits per can size)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place biscuit dough on ungreased cookie sheet
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic and onion powder then sprinkle on top of biscuit dough
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of biscuit dough
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until biscuit tops are golden.