Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

I began my Saturday driving 290 to highway 6. This is probably a road I have driven more than any other. Cody and I started dating at the end of high school and then he went to Texas A&M in College Station and I went to Baylor in Waco. The two schools were separated by about 1 hour and 15 miuntes via highway 6. For the first 3 1/2 years of college, one of us traveled that road nearly every weekend to see the other. My final semester at Baylor, Cody went to Houston to do an internship, so we traveled the 3ish hours from highway 6 to 290. Cody's final semester, I was in Houston teaching, so we traveled the southern portion of the highway 6 to 290 route. Needless to say, its a path I know well. : )
The reason I traveled to Waco this time was for my sweet niece's 4th birthday! I had not seen Alex and Erin since Christmas and it was ridiculous how much I was missing them. Well I got my fix Saturday!! EG was hamming it up like always (she is such a big girl!) and Alex was happy regardless of the fact that he missed two naps! I hope my own kids have such good dispositions.
Erin's bday party was at Cameron Park. Cameron Park is a beautiful, huge park just a few miles from Baylor that I wish that I had taken greater advantage of when I was at Baylor.
She opened presents and played with quite a few.



Blew out her candles and gobbled up her cake.
Everybody got to swing...

(even the grandpas)

And looked at the pretty scenery.


After the party, we headed to Baylor's beautiful campus to pick up food from the SUB and have a picnic. We also looked for the Bears, but they were not out today.
This is EG sharing her lemonade with Alex by counting to 5 to give each of them a turn (so sweet!)

Everyone went their separate ways and before heading back to Houston, I ran by another Baylor staple, Common Grounds, for a skinny iced latte for a caffeine pick me up.

Here's the yearly picture growth of miss EG
Newborn

1 year old

2 year old

3 year old

4 year old

And since I missed Alex's 1st bday, here's his growth in the past year!
Newborn

1 year old

No comments: