Monday, April 30, 2012

Asian Pear and Pecan Waldorf Salad

I came across this recipe in Fitness Magazine this month and like all of the ingredients, so I tried it out and really liked it.  I did forget to buy a pear (really?) so I substituted apple and then I also added in carrots because they are good and some grilled chicken breasts to make it a more substantial meal.

Asian Pear and Pecan Waldorf Salad
From Fitness Magazine

Ingredients
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayo
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I left these out)
1 large Asian pear cored and cubed
2 cups chopped Romain lettuce
5 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup seedless red grapes halved
1 cup lightly toasted pecan halves (10 minutesish at 350 to toast)

Directions
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and chives.
2. Add pear, lettuce, celery, grapes and pecans to bowl and toss to coat.

No comments: