Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fit for a princess

Our niece is 3 1/2 years old! She loves princesses, princess dresses, shoes and purple. She loves life and sings her way through the day. Basically, she's a girl after my own heart. For her Christmas gift this year, I thought I would make a few things:
1. Chalk board
-I spray painted a picture frame purple
-I took a piece of wood and had the Mr. cut it to fix the frame.
-I sanded the wood, primed it with grey spray paint and then applied a few coats of Chalkboard spray paint
-After it dried for 24 hours, I used gorilla glue (a little too much....but I fixed it) to glue it into the frame
-Now its ready for some beautiful drawings! : )


2. Rock alphabet
EG loves rocks. She has an ongoing rock collection at her house. When she came to visit this summer we added quite a few rocks to it. I got 26 rocks from her collection and used a paint pen to write the capital letters on one side and the lower case letters on the back. After both sides dried, I used clear spray paint to seal/protect them.


3. Magnetic board
-I spray painted this frame purple also
-After it dried, I cut a sheet of stainless steel from Home Depot down to fit the frame
-I also cut a piece of scrapbook paper and layered it in front of the stainless steel in the frame


4. Letters for the magnetic board
-I used clear stones, alphabet stickers, modge podge, magnets and scrap booking paper to make these
-Place the stickers on scrapbook paper
-Place a stone on top and cut around it (each stone is a different shape, so you want to use the stone that will be glued on top)
-Use a little modge podge on top of the paper and attach it to the stone

-Let it dry completely and then add a magnet to the back

No comments: