Monday, December 19, 2011

Deck the Halls!

This weekend Cody was enjoying a little hunting (avert your eyes if you are anti-hunting...)

While he was gone, Carolina and I had a sleepover! We went shopping, running, crafting, ate some yummy food and watched some movies.

I was also able to finish wrapping presents, so I'm ready to show you my Christmas decorations now that my tree is not naked. Here's a glimpse into our winter wonderland here at the Sage Casa:
I like all of the subway art that I have seen on blogs and pinterest, but could not find one that told the actual meaning of Christmas until I came across this one. It has part of the story from Luke 2.

I always wrap my presents according to family. The Sages get one color of wrapping paper (maroon this year), the Browns get one color of wrapping paper (black and white this year) and our extended family/friends get another color of wrapping paper (silver this year). It just makes it so much easier to get the correct presents to the right place. I used raffia for the bows instead of ribbon and kraft paper + sparkly letter stickers for the labels (initials only). I LOVE the way they turned out!
(The stocking on the right was being super uncooperative..)
I had some frames left over from a craft (that I will tell you more about once those recipients of said craft have them) that had the glass broken out of them. I did not want to throw them out, so I picked up some wooden letters. I painted them with green acrylic paint and then immediately added green glitter to them. I put kraft paper in the frames and then hot glued the letters onto them. Afterwards, I hot glued the frames together to add a little joy to our tv. : )



I had yet to find a good way to display Christmas cards and did not want to spend the $$ to buy one, so instead I made this one that I found on pinterest. I used 60ish clothes pins that were spray painted green. After they dried, I took a wire hanger and formed it into a circle, then placed the clothes pins on alternating with clear beads. Once the wreath was full, I cut of the hook part of the hanger, hot glued it closed and I added a brown bow at the top. The tutorial is here.


Our upstairs manly tree that has deer antlers instead of a star...
My ornament wreath!
My other wreath from the crafternoon, some garland that happened to run upon (literally...think garage sale) and my sweet little snowman.
Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weekend, holiday season and remembering the real reason for the season!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love the pictures! I will definitely be stealing the card holder idea for next year! Hope you guys are doing well.

Jenn (& the rest of us)