Happy Fall Y'all! This weather is wonderful!! We've had to bust out the pink camo sweatshirt for Chloe, running tights for me and the blankets for couch time. Wooohoo! Tomorrow may even include a warm coffee drink.
Cold weather= the perfect conditions for being inside and pinning. Not only does Pinterest have great DIY projects, decor and style, but it also has recipes, which is probably one reason that I spend so much time on there. I found a recipe lately that was quick and easy, so I tried it out today.
A Cup of Coffee Cake (In less than 5 minutes)
from Prudent Baby
1 tbs butter
2 tbs sugar (I would probably do more like 4 tbs)
2 tbs sour cream
A few drops of vanilla
1/4 c flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
For Crumble topping
1 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Soften butter in coffee cup for 10-15 seconds
2. Stir in sugar
3. Crack egg into a ramekin and pour half into the coffee cup
4. Stir in sour cream and add a few drops of vanilla (I would also add in a little cinnamon)
5. Add in flour and baking powder. Stir until mixed in well.
6. For the crumble topping, combine 1 tbs butter, 2 tbs flour, 1 tbs brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a separate ramekin. Smoosh together and add it on top in your coffee cup.
7. Cook in the microwave. Start with 1 minute and then proceed in 10 second intervals until its done.
8. Let it cool and enjoy!
*I obviously doubled the recipe so that Cody and I could both have breakfast : )
*Total carbohydrates for each cup = 72g
Also here's a little peak at what's going on in our kitchen right now
but have no fear, good things to come.
Happy a wonderful weekend!! Aren't these weekends just so needed!?