Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crafternoon

Last week, I had a Pinterest inspired crafternoon with some of my girlfriends. It was so fun! We all worked on different pumpkin/fall inspired crafts and chatted. Here's our set up
Pink lemonade in mason jars set inside of an oval galvanized tub


"Acorns" (Hershey's kisses stuck to mini Nilla wafers with a tiny bit of chocolate icing and a tad of chocolate icing on top)
Pumpkin Dip
1 16 oz. whip cream, 1 sm vanilla pudding mix, 1 15 oz pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix together & serve with cinnamon graham crackers


I spray painted three pumpkins to match the color scheme of my house (spray paint that we had in the garage) and then used glitter spray paint over all of them. I cut holes in the bottom of the top two and then attached them together using hot glue. I am still trying to find the perfect spot for them

I also wanted to spruce up our fall door wreath. I had received an "S" a few years ago from a student had not yet found the right spot for it. I wanted it to stand out on our wooden door, so I spray painted it white. One of my friends at the crafternoon is a bow expert, so she made me the adorable burlap and green bow and I hot glued everything on. It was a much needed face lift.

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera out during the crafternoon...we were too busy, but know that my friends did some amazing crafts!

I also followed a pinterest idea and purchased a hurricane vase from walmart for less than $5 and a small candle holder for $2. I hot glued the two together to create this elevated hurricane vase. Afterwards, I added in an orange pumpkin scented candle. Around it, I added dry split green peas, dry red kidney beans and popcorn kernels to add a little fall to our mantel.

Now we just need to come up with a good craft for a Christmastime crafternoon. I guess we're back to pinning!