Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tutu fun

This past weekend, Carolina, Beth, Kelly and I ventured to Waco for a Marathon relay.
We stopped by College Station to pick up Blue Baker and then took it to my Mamaw in Marlin for a lunch date. After picking up our race packets in the beautiful Cameron Park in Waco, we managed to get a little shopping in as well as a visit with my brother, sis-in-law and sweet niece.

That night we tried out a new(er) restaurant in Waco's downtown called Sam's on the square. YUM!

The next day we got up bright and early to don our tutus (oh yes we did).... What a fun event! Between the four of us we ran a full marathon, but it was broken into four legs of about 6 miles each.




Afterwards we of course had to hit up Cafe Capp for some giant pancakes.

Completely unrelated, but this is why I will not own a kindle anytime soon..my poor paper back books can fall into water and are still readable..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun race! And I have totally taken pictures on that bridge with high school friends that lived in Waco. Are you doing the rodeo run?

The Sages said...

We love the suspension bridge! : ) I haven't actually decided about rodeo run..are you?