Sunday, October 28, 2012

A cup of Macaroni and Cheese

I'm a macaroni and cheese girl.  I love it, but I have to tell you that the powdery cheese kind of freaks me out and I'm still working to make mac-n-cheese in the crockpot work out because that would be a collision of two wonderful worlds.  In the mean time, I came across a recipe on Pinterest (of course) for a cup of mac-n-cheese.  It worked out perfectly for my lunch for just me (of course I could do two cups if the Mr. wanted mac-n-cheese as well.  I ate mine today with a half of a turkey bacon sandwich and a teeny apple.  Perfect lunch for a cool day!

Without further adieu, the recipe:
Instant Mug o’ Mac & Cheese in the Microwave
from babble
1/3 cup pasta
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup 1% milk (we always have 2%)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1.Combine the pasta and water in a large mug or bowl.
2. Microwave on high for two minutes, then stir. A lot of times the water will overflow while it heats up. It is OK if this happens. If you don’t want it to overflow just make this in a very large microwaveable bowl. (I placed my mug in a bowl to catch the water, then put the water back in afer each two minutes..your pasta will need it)
3. Repeat this for at least 2 to 4 more minutes, stirring at each 2-minute interval. The water should absorb completely and the pasta will be cooked through. If the pasta needs another minute it is okay to add one more teaspoon of water and microwave for another minute. (Mine cooked in about 5 minutes and I had to add an extra TBS of water).
4.Remove it from the microwave and stir in the milk and cheese. Microwave for another minute.
5. Stir the cheese thoroughly into the pasta and eat up!

*Total Carboyhydrates 18g
(You may notice that I am going back to some recipes and adding in the total carbohydrates.  As a diabetic this is what I have to count in order to know how much insulin to give.  I have been re-figuring out total carbohydrates with each recipe each time I make it..total waste of time, so I'm going to start posting them to stop reinventing the wheel.  If you can use them, great! Remember though that these are just close.  If you don't care about total carbohydrates, just ignore them. )

No comments: