Although it is 85 degrees outside, it is still fall, so we are starting to eat fall foods here in the Sage house. Maybe the foods will bring cooler weather?
This morning I had plenty of time to try a new recipe as we gained an hour and I woke up at my usual 6:30, which was 5:30 today.
I think that it is no secret that I love breakfast food and unfortunately my favorite breakfast foods are not the healthiest, but what can ya do? : )
from King Arthur Flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a
heaping 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups plus 2 T flour
cinnamon and sugar (to roll the donuts in after they have cooked)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in bowl except for the flour.
2. Once mixture is smooth, mix in flour just until smooth.
3. Pour 1/4c batter into each donut/muffin cavity. (I had a donut pan with only six and then it filled 8 places in the muffin pan making 14 total donuts/muffins)
3. Bake donuts for 15-18 minutes or muffins for 23-25 minutes.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl/ziploc as desired to roll cooked donuts/muffins in.
4. Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Then roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
*Total carbohydrates 32 g per donut/muffin.