I love pizza...have I mentioned that before? I made this Rachel Ray recipe last week and it was very fresh. Perfect for summer!
Blackened Chicken Pizza with Yellow Tomato Salsa
From Rachael Ray
* 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Grill Seasoning) or other seasoning blend
* 1 teaspoon sweet paprika – eyeball it
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
* 3/4 pound thin cut chicken breast
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
* All-purpose flour or cornmeal, a couple of tablespoons to work dough
* 1 pizza dough (I used our pizza dough recipe)
* 1/2 pound brick reduced fat Cheddar with jalapeno or chipotle pepper (recommended: Cabot brand)
* 2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
* 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, optional
* 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
* 1 clove garlic
* Coarse salt
* 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
1. Preheat a large heavy skillet over very high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine grill seasoning, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper on a plate. Press thin cut chicken into seasoning on 1 side. Add oil to screaming hot pan and cook chicken 2 minutes on each side.
3. Spread out a little flour or cornmeal and stretch out pizza dough onto a pizza pan. Shred reduced fat cheese.
4. Remove chicken from pan and chop. Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and thyme. Make garlic paste by chopping garlic then mashing it with the flat of your knife and a generous pinch of coarse salt. Add paste to salsa. Add zest and juice of 1/2 lime and mix salsa thoroughly. Scatter chicken, salsa and cheese over pizza dough working to the edges of both pies. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and bubbly-brown on top.