Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Look out for me, oh muddy water..

A while back Cody and Alex decided to do muddy buddy. It is a 6ish mile race, 5 legs, one buddy runs three legs and bikes two, while the other buddy does the opposite. Between each trade off is an obstacle, the final obstacle being a mud pit that you have to crawl through. Well, once the boys signed up, Hannah and I decided that it wold be a good idea for us to sign up as well. So this weekend, we all did the Muddy Buddy : ) It was fun! Harder than I expected it to be since I usually run around our flat neighborhood and ride my road bike on the same roads and easier than my husband expected it to be. Both the boys' team, Team Awesome, and the girls' team, Baylor Babes, finished in under an hour. Woohoo! Here are a few pictures from the event. The rest can be viewed by clicking here.




Prior to the race on Sunday, Cody and I went to Dallas and spent the weekend with some of our favorite friends. We went to Top Golf Friday night with Warren, Danee, Tom, Meredith, Garrett, Traci and Jared.


Then on Saturday, Warren and Cody watched football while I drove up to Carrolton to see Traci's new house, go to Nordstrom Rack and eat a yummy brunch at Breadwinners.

To top off all of the yummy food included on that trip, we also had Sprinkles (yum!) and Genghis Grill.

We had a wonderful BUSY weekend!!

Other important things:
Look at the beautiful new director's chair that my mom made the cover for! I am no longer sitting in a kindergarten chair to teach! Woohoo!!

Only one week left to order donate at least $20 to receive this Step Out tshirt and support the American Diabetes Association (email me if you are interested at SarahBethSage@Gmail.com)
Remember you can still sign up to join us on November 21 walking or running.

1 comment:

katie + bret said...

How fun!! I have never heard of Muddy Buddy but that seems like a complete blast!

Your chair is adorable - how exciting!