One of the ways that we were so blessed by our friends after Sadie's birth was by all of the meals they brought. I did not have to cook for an incredibly long period of time. It was amazing! These taquitos were brought to us and I loved them so much that I made them again.
from A Wise Cook
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (if you use regular yogurt, you will need to strain it)
1/3 cup green salsa
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cilantro
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used boneless, skinless chicken)
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
12-14 flour tortillas (fajita size)
1) Preheat oven to 425*. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl combine greek yogurt, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cilantro. Mix well. Stir in cooked shredded chicken and shredded cheese. *This can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover the bowl with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge!
3) Spread about 2 spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons) of filling on center of tortilla.
4) Spray top of taquitos generously with cooking spray (I used PAM Canola Oil spray). Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
5) Bake at 425* for 15 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and the tops should be crisp. Let sit 5-10 minutes before eating.
We served them with black beans, salsa, queso and fruit.
*Remember that the blog will be going private August 1st, just to protect the privacy of little missy. If you have already told me to add you to the list, you are. If you have not yet done so and wish to continue following, please either leave a comment or email me : )