Friday, June 15, 2012

Easy Dinner

Since the end of the school year, I have kind of slacked on cooking dinner.  Throw in a vacation and the start of summer school and we were in need of some good home cooked food.  Well leave Pinterest to find us something good. 
I made Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast, but used a suggestion from Pinterest of subbing greek yogurt for the mayonnaise and it was delicious!


Ingredients:
*4 Chicken Breast
*1 cup Greek Yogurt
*1/2 Cup Parmesan
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 1/2 tsp season salt
*1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
*Preheat oven to 375
*Combine all ingredients in bowl (except for chicken).
*Cover chicken in the mixture and place in a pyrex.  (I did this by dipping the underside and then glopping the mixure on top of the chicken once it was in the pyrex dish).
*Cook in oven for 45 minutes

To go with it, I made roasted veggies:
* I cut up and tossed carrots, zucchini, squash, potatoes, onions and whole garlic cloves in just a bit of olive oil with some rosemary, salt and pepper and maybe Oregano ( I can't really remember what I added...
*I poured it all into a jelly roll baking sheet.  I placed it in the oven when I did the chicken and let it cook for the same amount of time (45 minutes).  I did pull out the veggies 10 minutes before they were ready and sprinkled a little parm. on them too.

It was a great dinner, fairly healthy and best news of all--Leftovers! : )

No comments: