Sunday, January 24, 2010

Family fun

Oh friends! What a fun weekend! On Friday, Cody and I headed to the View.
On Saturday morning he headed on to Lake Fork for a successful duck hunt and I stayed in Longview. Saturday morning I got up and ran 8.86 miles! Woohoo! This was a big deal for me because I'm used to running our flat neighborhood and my parents' neighborhood is very hilly. My legs are tired today, but the run yesterday wasn't too bad. On the running front, I'm slightly disappointed that I waited too long to sign up for the 1/2 marathon I wanted to do on February 13 and it filled up. I'm on the wait list though, so maybe some people will bail : )
Mom and I did a little shopping and went to Tracib's wedding shower! SO close to her wedding!!

Brad, Jen and Erin were also in town so we got to spend time with them!
EG and I enjoying some Veggie Tales

We celebrated Jen's bday on Saturday night! I am so lucky to have such a sweet and loving sister-in-law! Happy birthday Jen!

EG decided to hide out under the table : )

Then today we went to church and came back to eat lasagna with the Browns and Sages
A sweet pic my dad took of EG as she was being our entertainment at lunch


Here are the recipes from our weekend:
My mom has always made lasagna, so this weekend she taught me how to make it! It was really pretty easy!
Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
3 cups spaghetti sauce (28 oz)
1 ½ c. water
1 ¾ c. ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella or Mont. Jack cheese, divided
½ c grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 pkg lasanga uncooked
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
In 3 quarts sauce pan, brown meat; drain
Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes
In medium bowl, stir together ricotta/cottage cheese, one-half mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper
Pour 1 cup sauce on bottom of a greased 13 X 9 in baking dish
Arrange 3 uncooked pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce, cover with about 1 cup sauce
Spread ½ cheese filling over sauce
Repeat layers of lasagna , sauce and cheese filling
Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce; spring with 1 cup mozz. Cheese
Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes
Remove foil bake additional 15 minutes
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Then we served this sauce with our bread today. (from the Little Kitchen that Could)
Rosemary, Oil & Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Ingredients
1/2 olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1-2 teaspoons finely grated sea salt
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Step by Step
1. Combine all ingredients and lightly stir.
2. Serve with a crusty loaf of bread.

No comments: