Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Quiche

One gift that we receive for Christmas each year is a honey ham.  We have typically picked it up after Christmas and as much as we can eat, there's always left over.  This year, I chopped all of the extra and froze it so that we could use it for pizzas, etc.  After not having planned out my meals last week, I looked at what we had and figured out that I could make a Quiche.



I made quick pie crust using this recipe

1½ C sifted all purpose flour
  ½ tsp salt
 ½ C shortening
 4 to 5 TBS cold water


and then made my Quiche with a recipe from All Recipes
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half
3 eggs
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust
pie
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup canned mushrooms
1 (4.5 ounce) can ham, flaked
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat together flour, salt, half-and-half and eggs in a medium bowl.
3. Place Swiss cheese flat in the pie crust (I had shredded cheese that I layered on the bottom). Arrange spinach evenly over Swiss cheese, then cover with mushrooms (I didn't have mushrooms but did use onions and peppers). Pour the flour and egg mixture over mushrooms. Cover with flaked ham (mine was diced) and top with Cheddar cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 45 to 55 minutes, until surface is golden brown.
                        


No comments: