Saturday, September 7, 2013

Egg Muffins

My Mamaw sent me this recipe.  Its similar to another one that I posted for make ahead meals, but I like this one becuase it lets each person personalize their breakfast. 
Ours before adding the egg mixture

Spray a muffin/cupcake pan w/ non-stick spray (Spray it generously..mine was hard to clean after, but it could just be the pan).
Fill with anything you want: ham & broccoli, chicken & carrots, spinach w/ feta & tomatoes, steak & bell peppers....whatever you have in the fridge. (Note: add all veggies RAW - they will cook during the baking process)
Mix approx 1 egg per/muffin in a blender w/ a splash of milk. Pour directly into each cup just below the rim.
Top with shredded or sliced cheeses of your choice.
Bake at 425 degrees for approx 20 min.
Let cool before removing from pan

I froze the extras and reheated them for about 2 minutes.  They're like mini omlettes!

No comments: