Friday, March 16, 2012

Laundry Room Update

My least favorite chore is ironing...putting away laundry is a close second. Now with that being said, look at my laundry "room."


It functioned just fine, but lacked any appeal to make me actually want to go visit, so I decided to make it a little more fun and organized. (The picture shown is actually post a little clean up. The cabinet doors did not stay shut, I had my ironing pile on top of the dryer and everything in the cabinets was a mess.)

I started off by doing a little cleaning and placing things where they belonged. I got a basket for all of the clothing waiting to be ironed from Marshall's. After completely clearing out the cabinets, I sanded them down and cleaned them off. I applied a coat or 2 of my favorite Sherwin Williams green, Garden Sage, and added polka dot cabinet knobs from Hobby Lobby.

I had been looking for wall paper that was grey quatrefoil, but with not adieu, so I was very excited to come across this scrapbooking paper from Hobby Lobby that I attached with Glue Dots to break up the green.


I found these great big 9" clothespins from amazon and these cute little irons from an antique store in Gruene.
I wanted something else also to fill the shelves and also seeing how expensive ceramic letters were, I dug into our wood pile in the garage and found a 2x4. Cody cut it down for me and I painted it white. I let that paint dry overnight and then applied scrapbooking letters to say "Laundry, Loads of fun" and painted over the entire piece of wood with black paint. After it dried, I peeled off the scrapbooking letters and did a little touch up where needed.


I found some great metal buckets at Target in the dollar section and hot glued on a piece of the quatrefoil paper and added scrapbooking letters to label my buckets so that they were labeled.

The last thing that I added was this grey striped rug from Crate and Barrel.

Easy, inexpensive makeover and now I love my laundry room!

1 comment:

The Morris Family said...

It turned out great Sarah! I especially love the labeled buckets and the laundry sign! So cute :)