Sunday, January 8, 2012

Days Until Sign

Prior to Christmas, my team had a party with a gift exchange. Our limit was only $15, so I started brainstorming something good to bring. This is what I came up with.

A days until sign, flower pot covered in leopard print duct tape, magazine, bubble bath and nail polish. Both of the "crafts" of the gift are super easy, quick and inexpensive.

Days Until Sign
Materials
*Piece of wood cut to 30 inch length (I can't remember what the width was though..just eyeball it)
*Chalkboard Spray paint
*White paint

Directions (I made mine slightly different from this tutorial)
1. Have your handsome husband cut the piece of wood to the desired size.
2. Sand the piece of wood then apply a coat of primer paint. Once the primer paint dries, apply 2 coats of chalkboard spray paint. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
3. Prime board by rubbing chalk across, then erase.
4. I used white paint and just free handed the words days until....however, I would recommend either using stencils, stickers or a silhouette letters.
You're finished! SO easy and you probably have most of the necessary items to make the board in your house (I didn't have to buy a thing for this one).

For the flower pot (this doesn't really even need a tutorial)
Materials
*Flower pot of desired size
*One roll of patterned duct tape

Directions
*Apply duct tape vertically to the flower pots in pieces that are long enough to cover from the lip inside of the flower pot to the bottom. You will have to slightly overlap to make sure that it is completely covered.

No comments: