Monday, March 7, 2011

Foof



Two of my favorite friends have March birthdays and both of them love coffee, so when I came across this project on the Jones Design Company website I knew it would be perfect for them.

Coffee Filter Foof
You'll need:
-Styrofoam ball (mine was 5")
-Coffee filters (I used about 200 per "foof")
-scissors
-hot glue gun and glue
-ribbon & 2 pins

1. Cover styrofoam ball with 2-3 coffee filters to keep it from melting when the hot glue touches it (I used super glue for this)
2. Fold your first coffee filter into eights and snip the end (once i got the hang of this, I was leaving several filters together for this part to make it go quicker).
3. With the filter still folded into eighths, put a glob of hot glue onto the styrofoam ball and glue down the filter. (Continue this until the ball is completely covered in the filters)
4. After the ball is covered, trim any parts that are uneven.
5. Cut a piece of ribbon, fold it in half, use a straight pin to pin it to the foof.

No comments: