Sunday, March 27, 2011

Born to Run

No no, I' m not referring to myself...I just finished a book this week called "Born to Run." If you are a runner, I would def. recommend the book to you.

Christopher McDougall sets out to figure out why his foot keeps hurting as he runs. The more that he researches, he comes across a tribe of the world's greatest distance runners (we're talking 100s of miles at a time) and learns that most of the ways we run are wrong.
It took me a little while to get into the book, but once I did I was hooked.
My favorite was that if you start running at age 19, you'll reach your peak at age 27. If you continue running, when you are 64 years old, you will run as well as you did when you were 19. Crazy! That was all written in support of the idea that you are not too old to run, you get old because you stop running.
A great book! Not sure that I agree with everything written in the pages (I won't be changing much of what I'm doing..), but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
(BTW: If the hardback price is too steep, it comes out in paperback next week...or you could check it out from the library like I did.)

No comments: