Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kitchen Organization

As mentioned in the previous post, I have for some reason all of the sudden found organization to be a great priority in my life. It began with the kitchen. I have completely rearranged where everything is and thinned out a lot of things. I am very happy with the outcome (although I am without thinking grabbing for things where they are no longer...their new locations make so much more sense, I just have to get used to them). I will spare you pictures of the rest of the kitchen, but I wanted to show you the top of my pantry.


My goal is to eventually have it completely full of Oxo containers because that will look so clean, but that would be expensive to do all at once. (Oxo people, that could be read as teacher/grad school student would be overjoyed to receive oxo containers...j/k..kind of). I saw via blog stalking (I mean reading) and pinning that a lot of people are using chalkboard labels on their food containers, well low and behold we had a container of chalkboard spray paint from the inside of the cabinet door that is my grocery list (write it, snap a pic with my iphone and I'm ready for the grocery store). I decided that if it worked on the cabinet door it was worth a try on my containers. I used painters tape to tape off a square(ish..) on each of the containers (and I also had paper covering the rest of the container), I sprayed one coat, waited 5-10 minutes and sprayed another coat of paint. After letting it dry for 24 hours, I covered the surface with chalk and it was ready for use.
Recipes to come this week! Get excited!

No comments: