Sunday, May 2, 2010

Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise

This week my family had to say goodbye for now to one of the greatest men I have ever had the honor of knowing. My sweet 82 year old Papaw passed away on Tuesday morning.
For those of you who did not have the pleasure of knowing my Papaw, let tell you a little bit about him. He was a very godly, humble man. He loved the Lord and let everyone know. He loved my Mamaw more than anything in the world. He served in the Airforce. He loved his family and he told us often. He was full of mischief as was shown by his grin, you never knew quite what he was up to. He always said that he was never a rich man by wordly standards, but he was rich in all the ways that mattered. He whistled a lot. Papaw liked to play solitare. He used to do a lot of wood work (I still have an American Girl Doll bed that he made me). I got to dance with my Papaw at our wedding, I will always cherish that moment.
I am sad and I miss my Papaw, but take great comfort in the promise that this is not a goodbye forever.
My Baylor Graduation

Our Engagement Party
At the Wedding

Papaw's 80th Birthday
With his great-grandaughter : )

Christmas '08
81st Birthday

Fall '09
My Sweet Grandparents this spring


1 comment:

Mike and Cymbre said...

Thanks for sharing about your Papaw! I've heard so much about him from Nancy and enjoyed seeing the pictures. I know y'all miss him dearly.