Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baked Eggs

My M-I-L, Carol makes baked eggs when we go to visit in Longview and Cody LOVES them. Considering the carb overload that I gave him on Saturday for breakfast, I decided that it might be time to try a breakfast that is a little more protein friendly.
This "recipe" is really just adding what looks like enough and what sounds good to go in. I also prepared our baked eggs completely individually as we each wanted different ingredients

Baked Eggs
-Eggs
-diced Onions
-diced Jalapenos/Green Peppers
-milk
-Canadian bacon
-Cheese (mozarella or cheddar)
-Salt and pepper

Directions
-Preheat oven to 450
-In a small saucepan, saute onions and pepper/jalapeno until tender.
-Add canadian bacon/bacon and heat for a few minutes
-Add salt and pepper to taste
-Turn down heat and add a splash of milk
-Stir just until mixed
-Pour mixutre into a small ramekin (I do not have ramekins, so I used a individual serving size, oven safe pyrex bowl)
-On top of the mixture add an egg (or 2) and sprinkle some cheese over the top
-Cook for 10-12 minutes until egg whites are set and yolk is still runny

No comments: